I have been a Telus customer for 2-3 years now and never had an issue with them until I finally picked up a smart phone with a data plan. The people at the store turned on the Data Notifications message (and it showed as on in my online profile); however, I have NEVER once received a single message related to this.

The last two months I was charged an extra $15 and $30 in data charges. I was frustrated due to the surprise charges so I called in to see if I could have it resolved.

Apparently I "should have known that the messaged aren't necessarily going to be sent" and that I "should have downloaded an APP to do it for me." They refused to remove the charges and "graciously" offered to half the bonus charges.

I don't understand how a company can charge their customers extra for THEIR lack of service and then FIGHT their customers over such a small amount of money (for a large company).

I'd say that I hate their customer service...but I am pretty sure it doesn't even exist.

Review about: Telus Communications Phone Plan.

Comments

Toronto, Ontario, Canada #1351836

There is an internet application I use that helps you track your usage and anticipates overages. Not one data overage fee since I started using it.

Montreal, Quebec, Canada #735811

Telus is the the worse phone company that I ever had, the customer service is terrible, and they are no only over charging people, they are charging for services that we don't get. I think that everybody who has this problems with Telus should get together and go to court this is the only solution. launion Fe la force

North Bay, Ontario, Canada #674795

If you have a data share plan you will not get the txt notifications. Have to watch your use on the app.

stlrsfan
Mamaroneck, New York, United States #671434

The phone is YOURS and you KNOW you have data limitations. YOU agreed to this contract and you should therefore monitor your data plan as close as possible to prevent overages.